Administration Orders

You may be able to apply to the county court for an administration order. This is a formal and legally-binding agreement between you and your creditors to pay back your debts over a period of time.

You can apply for an Administration Order if your total debts are less than £5,000 and you have a county court judgment (CCJ) against you. The court decides what is a fair amount depending on your income. The court can agree that you only pay part of the total debt. This is called a composition order.

Once the order is agreed by the court, you make one regular payment to the court and your creditors can’t take any further action to get the money back, as long as you keep to the payments.

You don’t have to pay a fee to apply for an Administration Order. The court will take off an administration fee every time you make a payment.

Read more about Administration Orders here